Cavolo Nero Roulade with Mushrooms
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
- 200g pack shredded black kale
- 5 medium eggs, separated
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- ½ tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tbsp rapeseed oil
- 200g cream cheese
- 300g mushrooms, sliced
Nutritional info 100g of Roulade
161 Calories (kcal)
6.7g (of which saturated fat)
trace (of which sugars)
- Preheat the oven to 200oC, gas mark 6. Line a 23x32cm tin with baking parchment.
- Steam the black kale for 5 minutes then place in a food processor with the egg yolks, flour, nutmeg, 1 tbsp cream cheese and seasoning. Blitz to puree.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the egg whites to firm peaks and fold in the black kale mixture. Pour into the prepared tin, levelling the surface. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a frying pan and fry the mushrooms for 3 minutes, stir in the remaining cream cheese and cook for 1 minute. Season.
- Upturn the roulade onto a clean tea towel and remove the paper. Spread over the mushroom mixture. Roll up from one end to enclose the filling.
- Cost per serving: £0.89p
- Cooks tip Add 50g shredded ham with the cream cheese for a meaty version.