Cavolo Nero Potato Cakes
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
- 800g floury potatoes, diced
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 50g Parmesan cheese, grated
- 150g cavolo nero, finely shredded
- 2 tbsp flour
270 Calories (kcal)
3g (of which saturated fat)
5g (of which sugars)
- Boil the potatoes for 10 minutes or until tender. Drain and return to the pan. Mash well and season.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a frying pan and fry the onion for 3-4 minutes until golden. Stir into the mashed potato with the Parmesan.
- Allow to cool. Steam the cavolo nero for 4 minutes and stir into the potato.
- When just cold enough to handle, stir in the flour and mould into 8 rounds. Shallow fry in 2 batches for 1-2 minutes on each side or until golden and heated through.
- Serve with grilled bacon and salsa.